There’s a lot we can’t control in this world, and the current pandemic is causing a lot of us to feel anxiety and fear over all the unknowns of this new threat.
That’s totally normal, but it’s not a fun place to be, right?
Dr. Natalia Pellegrino of Be Well Natural Medicine shares her top 5 immune-boosting tips, none of which include expensive superfoods.
- Get quality sleep – we talk more about how you can improve your evening routine to wind down and improve your sleep quality.
- Relieve stress – find ways to release stress, whether it’s physical activity, guided relaxation, breathing techniques, or another practice that works for you.
- Movement – physical activity helps to flush the lymphatic system and boost your immune system.
- Nutrition – focus on whole foods when possible, especially vegetables and fruits. Get your sugar fix from less processed sources, like fruit.
- Herbs + supplements – We discuss some of the most popular immune boosting vitamins and minerals, as well as some key herbs and foods you can use to make immune-boosting tonics like the two recipes below.
IMMUNE SYSTEM TONIC
1-2 cups apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
3 tablespoons chopped ginger
Bring these ingredients to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes, strain and add 1 cup of raw honey.
This ginger tea is a great one to enjoy any time, and you can prep a big batch at once to reheat or enjoy over ice in the warmer months.
HOMEMADE GINGER TEA
Chop a piece of ginger about the size of your thumb (should yield 1 tablespoon) and add to about 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes
– Elderberry syrup
– Lemon juice
Listen to the full episode for all the details, and please keep in mind that we recorded this back in early March, at the very beginning of the pandemic.
None of the advice is intended to be specific to a COVID-19 infection, and you should always contact your care provider for specific treatment during any time of illness.